1. _______ ship turned over and sank (沉沒) off _______ island in South Korea on April 16.
A. The; the
B. The; an
C. A; the
D. A; an
2. The world paused to remember a cultural giant _______ April 17 after Nobel Prize-winning writer
Gabriel Garcia Marquez died _______ the age of 87.
A. on; at
B. on; in
C. at; at
D. at; in
3. ---What do you think of the bridge?
---I have never seen _________ before.
A. so a long one
B. so long one
C. such a long one
D. a such long one
4. We all want to try something new, but finding the _________ to start is always the hardest part.
5. They said they would have ____________ holiday.
A. two months
B. a two-month
6. Frank often wears a mask _____ he can keep fit in the foggy and hazy (霾) weather.
A. only if
C. so that
D. even though
7. ---Why didn’t you enjoy the talk?
---It was __ _talk that I had ever listened to．
A. the most interesting
B. the least interesting
C. more interesting
8. ---Is the Youth Center open to the public yet?
---Yes. It ______ for almost one and a half years.
A. has opened
B. has being opened
C. has been open
D. was open
9. There is no doubt ________ the Diaoyu Island is part of China's territory.
A．whether B．when C．why D．that
10. Traditionally, Chinese people _______ the Chinese characters Double Happiness and stick them onto walls or
doors at the weddings.
A．look out B．cut out C．give out D．come out
11. ---I think students should have mobile phones to call their parents.
---___________. They often use them to play games instead.
A. I hope so
B. I don’t agree
C. No problem
D. Good idea.
12. Some physics problems in this book are _________difficult for the students _________work out.
A. so; that
B. not; but
C. such; that
D. too; to
13. ---Lucy doesn’t mind lending you her dictionary.
---I think she doesn’t, but I ________do so. I’ve already borrowed one.
14. ---You're really a big help!
---________. Many people will feel kind of airsick on the plane.